Mac beta with column view and unread counts setting

The latest Mac beta has some cool new features:

  1. View > Use Column Layout is something many people have wanted for a long time — it changes the main window view so the timeline is on top and the article view below it. The timeline uses a traditional, single-line table view with columns (which you can sort by). Mail.app has the same setting which does the same thing — and of course earlier versions (1, 2, 3) of NetNewsWire had this view as the default view.
  2. Unread count settings — you can replace unread counts with just a • or turn them off entirely. This is for people who don’t care about the actual numbers. (Me, I’m running it now with just a • so I can see what’s new — I don’t really care about the actual numbers!)

The next iOS beta will also have the unread count setting as soon as it makes it through App Store review. (It was submitted last night.)

As always, let me know if you find any bugs!

2 Likes

Here’s how to beta test:

https://netnewswire.com/help/beta-testing.html

1 Like